There are many different paths to becoming a caregiver. Some senior caregivers first provided care to a friend or family member before becoming a professional caregiver. Others may have worked in other industries which did not provide flexible schedules or personal fulfillment.
For those caregivers seeking to become certified in their state as a certified nursing aide or home health aide, Caregiverlist provides an Insider's Guide with tips and interviews from nursing aide schools, including the 6 Success Tips for Becoming a Certified Nursing AIde:
1) Be proactive during the application process
2) Prepare before the first day of class
3) Be aware of the duties involved for Certified Nursing Aides
4) Set aside time to focus on the program
5) Apply early for financial aid
6) Research job opportunities ahead of graduation