Caregiverlist has released the updated daily costs of nursing homes in Virginia. We found 301 nursing homes in Virginia; the average rate for a shared room is
about $192 per day. Virginia nursing homes have an average
Caregiverlist Star Rating of 2.7 out of 5 stars. Virginia's nursing
homes are now the 27th costliest in the nation. Neighboring areas are both more expensive (West Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia) and less expensive (Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina.)
Caregiverlist has released the daily rates of nursing homes in West Virginia. With 133 nursing homes, the average cost for a shared room is about $245 per day. West Virginia nursing homes hold an average Caregiverlist Star Rating of 2.5 out of 5 stars. West Virginia's nursing homes are now the 12th costliest in the nation, and more expensive than the nursing homes found in any of its neighboring states.
Certified caregiver training allows senior caregivers to verify their knowledge and understanding of specific caregiving skills. Many people still do not realize that the senior care industry has established specific training mandates for senior caregivers in many states as senior caregiving has become a profession.
What is certified caregiver training?
This training guides individuals through the basic caregiving skills and explains necessary terms and safety requirements and job duties for professional senior caregivers.
- Caregiver training concepts usually include the following skills:
- Safety (for Emergencies and Environmental such as Hurricanes, Earthquakes)
- Care Plan Duties and Care Plan Notes
- Personal Care
- Understanding Age-related Illnesses such as Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and other forms of Dementia
- Safe Transfers
- Communication Skills
- Identifying Elder Abuse (Physical, Emotional, Sexual, Financial)
- Personal Care
- Safe Environment and Infection Control
- Meal Assistance
- Emotional Care for Aging Issues such as Death and Grieving